Supplements Crafted by Sunlight
CEO Terrence Moorehead recently announced that Synergy and Nature’s Sunshine will become one of Utah’s first solar-powered companies. Our world-class manufacturing facility has recently converted to 100% solar energy! This means that each capsule, tablet, liquid, and powder that is shipped to you from our Utah plant are now solar-powered superior supplements created with power harnessed from nature’s solar energy system.
With every supplement made in our U.S. manufacturing facility expertly crafted using only the pure, unfiltered power of the sun, we are 100% committed to renewable energy.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
Our love of sharing the healing power of nature with the world is a core component of everything we do. Doing our part to be a sustainable company and protecting nature influences everything we do. We will continue to harness nature’s power to support you in your health journey. And now, we are harnessing that power in a new and exciting way.
Earlier this year, we released an ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) report, which laid out our goals to become a more sustainable company. We invite you to learn more about our sustainability goals which include renewable energy, waste reduction, and a smaller carbon footprint.
THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES
By using solar energy in our manufacturing plant, we:
- Beat our goal of manufacturing using 100% renewable energy by 2023 by 6 months
- Will power 91% of our U.S. operations and 82% of our global operations with solar energy
- Reduced our CO2 emissions by 42% (the equivalent of removing 300 cars from the road), which is a giant step to reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025
By going solar, we are not only dedicated to eco-friendly renewable energy, but we’re also dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint. Currently 50% of our corporate office is powered by solar energy, and we’ve reduced power usage at our manufacturing facility by 25%! Moving forward, we are striving to reduce waste produced in our manufacturing processes by 35%, with an end goal of zero waste to landfill from all US distribution centers by 2025.
SUSTAINABILITY: WHAT WE VALUE
With aggressive environmental and social wellness goals, we are striving to be a sustainable company and be environmentally and socially responsible at every level of our supply chain. We are working hard every day to:
- Protect nature and preserve power through sustainable, eco-friendly operations
- Minimize waste to landfill by creating more sustainable processes
- Elevate the wellness of our customers and employees
- Support our farmers through sustainable sourcing
- Nurture natural healers and health enthusiasts
- Embrace diversity and inclusion in our company and community
You can learn more about our sustainability goals (and see what we’ve done so far) by clicking here. Becoming one of the first companies in Utah to use solar energy for manufacturing is a monumental step and we are so excited! Celebrate with us as we continue to commit to sustainability!