How to Treat a Sunburn
July 18, 2018
Sunburns are painful! They leave your skin sore, stiff, dry, red, and sometimes even blistered. Always protect your skin from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen, hats, or clothing, or by making sure that your outdoor activities have adequate shade.
Even with these precautions though, you may find yourself with a sunburn this summer.
The American Academy of Dermatology Association outlined exactly how to treat those painful sunburns and relieve discomfort.
1. Take frequent cool baths or showers to help relieve the pain. As soon as you get out of the bathtub or shower, gently pat yourself dry, but leave a little water on your skin. Then, apply a moisturizer to help trap the water in your skin. This can help ease the dryness.
2. Use a moisturizer that contains Aloe Vera to help soothe sunburned skin. If a particular area feels especially uncomfortable, you may want to apply a hydrocortisone cream that you can buy without a prescription. Do not treat sunburn with “-caine” products (such as benzocaine), as these may irritate the skin or cause an allergic reaction.
3. Consider taking aspirin or ibuprofen to help reduce any swelling, redness, and discomfort.
4. Drink extra water. A sunburn draws fluid to the skin’s surface and away from the rest of the body. Drinking extra water when you are sunburned helps prevent dehydration.
5. If your skin blisters, allow the blisters to heal. Blistering skin means you have a second-degree sunburn. You should not pop the blisters, as blisters form to help your skin heal and protect you from infection.
6. Take extra care to protect sunburned skin while it heals. Wear clothing that covers your skin when outdoors. Tightly-woven fabrics work best. When you hold the fabric up to a bright light, you shouldn’t see any light coming through.
While a sunburn is temporary, it can cause long-lasting damage to the skin. Don’t forget to protect your skin this summer and take the appropriate steps to help your skin heal after a sunburn.
Now through August 14, Synergy’s entire
Elemence Body Care line is available for the first-time ever in a set for just $36. These products unite the most advanced research and cutting-edge technology with rich botanicals and vitamins to provide you with the very best cleansing, moisturizing, and treatment for your skin. It’s the perfect set for daily use, and you’ll be ready with Elemence Vera Gel when the sunburn comes.
Order online or call Customer Service to place your order over the phone: (801) 769-7800. Customer Service is available to assist you Mon-Thurs 8:30 AM-5:30 PM (MDT) and Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM (MDT).
SHOP ELEMENCE SPECIAL